New Information: September 28, 2020
Because of the Ontario Government's new Covid restrictions and the increased risk of infection here in Muskoka we have decided to cancel person to person rehearsals for the time being. Louise has generously agreed to provide virtual rehearsals till the end of October. We will then see what the situation is regarding Covid and reassess how we will proceed in November.
While we still don't know the status of choirs with regard to these restrictions, we feel in light of what's happening here in Muskoka that we should follow the restrictions for social gatherings.
Sept 7, 2020
Covid Plan for Use of Gravenhurst Wharf by Elderberries Choir
We will be implementing all of the health and safety procedures required by the
1. Rehearsal time is reduced to one hour: 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
2. Attendance will be taken, including complete addresses and phone numbers
of all participants present at each rehearsal, to allow for contact tracing.
3. Our gathering numbers will be well under 50 people as some of our
members are choosing to participate through the virtual rehearsals posted online.
4. All participants will be expected to wear masks.
5. Posters will remind everyone of the health and safety precautions we are
implementing, such as hand sanitizing, staying two metres apart, etc.
6. We will disinfect all surfaces which may have been touched at the
conclusion of each rehearsal.
Ensuring social distancing during rehearsals:
1. Choir members will enter from the west side (water side) and hand sanitize
on the way in.
2. The piano will be set up on the east side where the outlets are.
3. People will sit two to a bench, one on each side at opposite ends. Benches
will be marked ahead of time to indicate where it is appropriate to sit. There
will also be a lot of space at the back of the rehearsal area for those who
would prefer even greater distance between themselves and others.
4. At the conclusion of the rehearsal, people will leave by the south exit.
For those who want to be in the choir but are not ready to join the real-life practice,
rehearsals will be videotaped and then uploaded to a private YouTube account. An email with the link will be sent out a day or two after each practice.